|Artists of the Silk
| Artists of the
Silk Road - Index Page
This major series - consisting of several sub-series, was created in my MFA studio in Canterbury and a sculpture studio in Chongqing, China during 2005 and 2006 in the context of my Master of Fine Art international practice (MFA) degree course. So far, exhibitions of the series have been: "Conversations", my degree show; part of the 2006 Canterbury Festival; a monumental statues are currently exhibited and for sale at Broomhill Sculpture Park in Devon, England, as well as resin tableaux and bronze tableaux; and a "Memories of China" exhibition in Missoula, Montana in June 2009.
Note that all of these sculptures are available for purchase by art collectors, either in their original media or in bronze. Prices are shown on the larger view image pages which you will find by clicking on the links or thumbnails.
The overall series consists of:
1. An original series of 12 miniature busts created in Canterbury and in China which I made moulds of for my figures (see below) and cast into bronze as limited editions. Shown here are just three of them. Click here to see all 12 and larger pics of these busts.
2. Two original series of 12 figures of an average height of 58-62 cm each in shredded paper and plaster, created in Canterbury. They were originally left raw, then later hand painted in a number of colours using a variety of media (inks, watercolours, acrylics).
3. Another original series of 14 figures in shredded paper and plaster (only 12 were used to make the moulds for the next series of 100 figures, and only 8 of which are shown here). This series was hand-painted also. Also average height of 58-62 cm.
4. An original series of 100 figures, some in mixed media (plaster/herculite and jute scrim) and some in cement and scrim. And another 200 in resin, also each one completely unique. Average height of 58-62 cm. Click here to see more pictures of the small figures in the making and in installation scenarios.
5. An original series of 3 monumental statues in resin, approx. 3m 50 in height, currently available for purchase. Click here for more pictures at Broomhill, or here for pictures of the trio in the making.
6. An original series of 9 individual bronze tableaux: each tableau consists of one bronze table and a number of lost-wax bronze casts of selected "Artists". Some tableaux feature 2 artists, some 3 artists, some 5, etc. Approximate height of each figure is the same as for small scale mixed media pieces, i.e. average height of 58-62 cm - the tables vary in size between 45 x 45 cm in width and 110 cm to 130 cm in height. They are available for sale from Broomhill Sculpture Gardens in North Devon. and directly here through the artist's website. Click here or on image to see which have sold and which are still available for sale. Note that table legs can be shortened (bronze rods cut shorter) if required.
- my Artist Statement for this sculpture series
- "Artists of the Silk Road" - 12 small bronze busts
- Monumental "Artists of the Silk Road Trio" in the making
- Monumental "Artists of the Silk Road Trio" at Broomhill
- and finally Sculpture Installation: 100 small scale "Artists of the Silk Road"
Main Navigation Menu
| Home | Commissions: Working Methods | About the Artist |
| Sculptures Available Now | Portrait and Bust Commissions | Animal Sculptures |
| Mannequin Busts & Dummy Busts for Opticians and Hat designers |
| Portrait Sculpture as a Gift | Sculptures in China | Sculptures in Vietnam |
| Index of Monumental Sculptures | Media Coverage & Publications |
| Award Sculptures / Trophies | Current Projects | Garden Sculptures |
| Poetry | Photography | Furniture &Accessories Design
MFA Project | Belvoir Castle & Estate Artist-in-Residence|
| Sculpture Park and Sculpture Trail Designer & Consultant |
| Sustainable Sculpture Design|
| Classes - Workshops | Links | E-Mail |
requests for purchase or commission to:
Tel: +44 (0) 7958 412307
Studio Tel UK +44 (0) 7725 555048
France Contact: +33 (0) 618435125
USA Contacts: c/o Agent - Ian Krieger: Dunedin, Florida, USA
Tel: +1 (727) 733-9575
c/o Agent - Carla Schade: Seeley Lake, Montana, USA
Tel: +1 (406) 677-0642
Canada Contact: c/o Agent - Maguite Wilkens: Ontario
Tel: (416) 826 1072